mehtak

My Bookathone

The deep in desire to read all the books of the world... but afraid I'd be left with only a few seconds per book, if reading is the only thing I do my entire life, skipping meals, sleep, and other biological calls... phew!

The Bourne Supremacy
Robert Ludlum
The Bourne Supremacy
Robert Ludlum
Steve Jobs
Walter Isaacson
When Shall We Meet Again?
Abhimanyu Rajarajan

Memoirs of a Geisha

Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden Memoirs of a Geisha happens to be my first biography book. Its slow paced story made me feel like, sipping on a Starbucks coffee on a winter day. Each word has been defined to its core, which was like watching a well directed movie (though I watched the movie too, later!). The picturesque portraits of kimono, okaya, make-up of a geisha, the arts, the dances, the shamisen, the kabuki theater, all gives deep dive into a japanese culture of a geisha. Besides, the heart touching story of Sayuri is full of determination, hope and love. It tells us to hold on to our dreams, while being fragile like water, and to caste our own path, and our own destiny.

While I was being indecisive to give it a 4 or a 5, the better side of the coin won the game! :)