mehtak

My Bookathone

The deep in desire to read all the books of the world... but afraid I'd be left with only a few seconds per book, if reading is the only thing I do my entire life, skipping meals, sleep, and other biological calls... phew!

The Bourne Supremacy
Robert Ludlum
The Bourne Supremacy
Robert Ludlum
Steve Jobs
Walter Isaacson
When Shall We Meet Again?
Abhimanyu Rajarajan

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, Book 1)

The Hunger Games - Suzanne  Collins I have recently finished the first book of the trilogy - The Hunger Games - an inspiring read, a struggle for life and no give up spirit.

Twelve dilapidated districts are to send one boy and one girl to the 'Death' Game, to earn free food for one year for their families. The only way to remain in the game is to kill the other 23 contestants, while the whole death race is being live-casted to their districts, and riches for their betting. While a rebel will struck dumb life in the capitol, never to see his district again.

Most inspiring character:
Peeta, the male tribute from District 12, is son of a baker and is in love with Katniss the female tribute from the same district since the age of 5. Scrambling with the situations, and almost losing his own leg during the games, he saves his love Katniss in several situations, which forces the Capitol to bend the rules of the game.

Best quotes:
“Destroying things is much easier than making them.”
“You don’t forget the face of the person who was your last hope.”